SENIOR QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER
GigaVoice is currently seeking a full-time Senior Quality Assurance Engineer. This is a senior-level position requiring a motivated self-starter with strong leadership capabilities and excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer will be responsible for managing Quality Assurance Engineers and coordinating the testing activities of the team. Senior QA Engineer will work closely with IB QA Manager on process engineering and project development. As part of his/her duties, the Senior QA Engineer will be responsible for designing and managing test cycles on a number of web-based projects. He/she will be expected to organize, plan, document, and perform testing on multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of software quality assurance experience in web-based technologies, a background in computer science, proven leadership capabilities, meticulous attention to detail, strong analytical skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Daily coordination of testing activities with the QA Manager.
- Managing, training, and mentoring onsite QA Engineers.
- Supervising the offsite team.
- Working closely with distributed development resources in several countries.
- Assisting in the design and evolution of the GigaVoice QA process.
- Planning, creating, executing, and documenting test cases for projects.
- Planning, creating, executing, and documenting automated test scripts for projects.
- Reviewing test plans, test cases, and automated test scripts created be QA Engineers to ensure coverage based on requirements.
- Test case and script design, maintenance, and validation.
- Identifying and communicating risk and risk mitigation strategies.
- Setting and meeting schedule estimates, timelines, and milestones.
- Managing stakeholder expectations.
- Executing black and white box tests on web-based products.
- Identifying issues and generating issue reports.
- Reproducing customer-reported issues.
- Assisting developers with issue analysis.
- Verification of patches and bug fixes.
- 3+ years of proven team leadership experience.
- Leadership experience in a distributed development environment.
- 5+ years of software quality assurance experience in web-based technologies.
- Strong understanding of the SDLC and multiple software engineering and testing methodologies.
- Completion a Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited four-year university or equivalent professional experience.
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills within a team environment.
- Strong understanding of web-delivered applications.
- Proficiency in web-based, n-tier software testing
- Experience with functional, compatibility, integration, recovery, code coverage, load, performance, and stress testing.
- Proficient in SQL and XML.
- Experience with automated load testing tools (ex. Selenium, Mercury LoadRunner, Mercury QTP, Watir, WebTest, Eggplant, Canoo).
- Experience creating test cases and testing documentation from requirements/specifications.
- Experience gathering testing requirements for projects with minimal development documentation.
- Experience with Java and Python.
- Knowledgeable about popular web browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
- Familiarity with issue tracking tools (JIRA, Bugzilla, Mantis, etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word & Excel).
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including a casual work environment.